This online course has a broad target audience of students and professionals who want to gain an understanding of: main terms and overview of PSA; historical perspectives on approaches to PSA; characteristics of PSA in comparison to private sector accounting; theory and purposes of PSA; Challenges of harmonizing PSA in the EU und synoptical comparison of conceptual frameworks; in-depth views of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) as a reference model the development of EPSAS (framework, standards for separate financial statements and consolidated financial statements); accounting cycle and the status quo of EPSAS development.
This module is a component of the EU Erasmus+ project DiEPSAm.
From a professional perspective, students get to know the characteristics of public sector accounting (PSA) and are knowledgeable to understand and assess different accounting systems and to track contemporary developments towards harmonised accounting standards in the EU (EPSAS: European Public Sector Accounting Standards). Other qualification aims of this Erasmus+ funded module refer in particular digitalization, media, language and presentation competencies.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Christoph Lorson – University of Rostock
- Dr. Ellen Haustein – University of Rostock
- Prof. Dr. Dennis Hilgers – JKU Linz
- Lisa Schmidthuber – JKU Linz
- Prof. Susana Jorge – University of Coimbra
- Prof. Lasse Oulasvirta – University of Tampere
- Assoc. Prof. Andy Wynne – University of Leicester
Information about the module
|Type of module||Open access for students and members of the partner universities|
- Lecture 1 Approaches to public sector accounting and reporting in Europe
- Lecture 2 History of PSA & alternatives
- Lecture 3 Differences between private and public sector accounting
- Lecture 4 Budgets and budgetary accounting in the PS
- Lecture 5 Accounting principles and alternative frameworks in the PS
- Lecture 6 Different perspectives in PSA harmonization: IFRSs, GFRs and IPSASs
- Lecture 7 IPSAS History, spread and use
- Lecture 8 IPSAS CF and views on selected national frameworks
- Lecture 9 Reporting components and reliability issues
- Lecture 10 Overview of IPSAS on public sector specific topics
- Lecture 11 IPSAS Case study
- Lecture 12 Consolidated financial statements
- Lecture 13 Consolidation methods & reporting
- Lecture 14 PSA future challenges: EPSAS Outlook
To get information about the registration CLICK HERE.